I try to travel as often as I possibly can. Deciding what to pack is always a challenge, because I basically want to bring it all. For years I struggled to find the perfect travel bag for my arsenal of beauty supplies. I always bring a couple of pouches regardless, but I was on the hunt for something a bit larger, but not too heavy or bulky. Luckily, I found this pink travel case, and it has accompanied me on every trip ever since.
What’s awesome about this particular case is that it has inserts that you can rearrange, take out, or add. If I’m traveling with larger items, I’ll take a section out. But if I have a ton of smaller products, I’ll keep them in so that everything remains sorted and organized.
For the beauty items I want to take on the plane with me, I typically store them in a zipper pouch. Lately I have been loving this one from Ashley Brooke Designs. I’m from Brooklyn, so naturally I’m a Biggie fan. I just love this fun, girly play on his lyrics. The pouch can hold a bunch of stuff, and fits perfectly into my travel tote.
Now I’m going to break down my must-have travel beauty essentials, and what brands and products I am currently loving.
1. Dry Shampoo | Dry Shampoo is always a must, but especially on vacation. Before I leave for vacation I always like to get a blowout, and I rely on dry shampoo to extend my blowout for as long as humanly possible. Also, I feel like I’m constantly on the go when traveling, so it’s a great product to quickly freshen up and add volume! Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black is one of my favorite scents, and their dry shampoo not only smells equally as amazing, but works great too.
2. Perfume | I always connect scents or certain perfumes with different moments in time, so I like to always pack great perfumes to remember the trip by. I’ll never forget using Dove Shampoo for the first time while on vacation in Dominican Republic, and now whenever I smell that particular shampoo, I’m instantly transported back to that vacation from 10+ years ago. I’m currently loving Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt and Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose. They’re both available in travel versions which is perfect!
3. Clarisonic | I have been using a Clarisonic for years, and I was thrilled when I heard about the MIA Fit, their new travel-sized version. I think everyone should be using a Clarisonic in general, but the MIA Fit is my favorite device they have created thus far. It fits in the palm of your hand perfectly, and it is so easy to travel with. The charger is actually a USB, so you can literally charge it with your laptop if you have to!
4. Under-eye Products | My under-eyes need all of the help they can get after spending time traveling. I tend to get really stressed out right before travel, so its hard for me to get any sleep. And then once I’m traveling or on vacation, I want to make the most out of my time wherever I am. It’s safe to say traveling for me = borderline sleep deprivation. No sleep equals hideous bags under my eyes! There are two eye creams I am currently loving. The Estee Edit Late Night Eraser Brightening Eye Balm with Pink Peony has been an absolute lifesaver. It instantly brightens around my eyes, and takes away that puffy, sleepy look. I especially love the Late Night Eraser because it features a cooling tip that is ultra refreshing. I even like to use it on the plane for some extra TLC.
Another eye cream I am loving recently is the Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream. This eye cream features a blend of peptides that help support the natural collagen in your skin. It instantly refreshes my under-eyes and makes me appear more awake. Both products are absolutely fantastic to use on a daily basis, but I reach for them especially while traveling.
5. Beauty Mist | Air travel can really affect your skin. Generally, my skin is very oily, but the moment I step foot off of a plane, my skin suddenly dries up. Worst than that, the texture of my skin becomes gritty. The Caudalie Beauty Elixir is my secret weapon in keeping hydrated. I spritz my entire face before takeoff, and my skin stays hydrated and moisturized throughout the entire flight. The last few places I have traveled to have been particularly warm, so the Beauty Elixir has been great for setting my makeup and freshening up my skin throughout the day.
6. Highlighter | I mean, should you ever go anywhere without a great highlighter? This may seem like a no-brainer, but I have to mention a product I have been absolutely loving all summer long. The Glossier Haloscope Face Highlighter in Quartz. Believe it or not when I’m traveling I do like to keep my makeup pretty simple, and I like using products that make applying make-up easy. The Glossier Haloscope is perfect because it’s in a stick form. It’s ultra creamy and it gives your skin a natural, illuminating glow. With a few swipes, you look dewy and fresh.
7. Body Cream | Whether you’re traveling someplace warm or chilly, a great body cream is a must. The Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream is the best body cream that I have EVER used. I am not exaggerating. It’s so creamy and moisturizing, and it smells out of this world. Best part? It helps tighten and smooth the appearance of your skin too! The fragrance is just too good, and how cute is the product’s name?
There you have it! I absolutely swear by all of these products, and I make sure to pack them for every trip. A great tip is to save any beauty samples you may receive throughout the year for your next trip. Whenever I recieve any type of gift with purchase or monthly beauty box, I always put aside deluxe samples I may want to use on my next vacation.
What are your travel beauty must-haves?
This post contains samples sent by PR for consideration. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are completely my own.