I have to admit, just a few short months ago I was not a morning person. I absolutely dreaded waking up early, and even when I was physically awake, I found it hard to be productive before noon. Between work, social engagements, and now planning a wedding, I knew I had to start making the most out of each day, which meant finally converting to a morning person. Now that I’ve converted, I have been having the most productive days ever, accomplishing goals and to-do list items left and right. I’ve found that how I spend my morning directly affects how productive I will be that day. When I find a routine or something that works, I HAVE to share, so today I’m going to tell you what’s been working for me. Here are five ways to jumpstart your morning and be more productive every day:
1. Drink a cup of coffee. It’s hard to believe there was ever a time where I didn’t start my day with a cup of coffee. Lately, I have been loving the new Coffee-mate® Natural Bliss® Caramel Flavored Ice Coffee. It has been a complete game-changer. It is unbelievably delicious and it’s ready to go in my fridge every morning. I don’t have to run to the crowded coffee shop, or attempt to make it at home (which can be difficult with iced drinks), it’s always ready to go. The Coffee-mate® Natural Bliss® Caramel Flavored Ice Coffee is a medium roast, all-natural coffee that contains real milk and cream. It’s delicious every single time. You can throw it in a to-go cup to drink on your way to work, or if you’re like me, you can pour it into a glass to enjoy while you’re getting ready in the morning.
2. Create a to-do list. Where in the world would I be without my trusty to-do list? Keeping a to-d0 list is my key to productivity. If you don’t write everything down, things are sure to fall through the cracks. I tend to keep two separate lists; one with items that need to get done immediately, and another for future goals. I’m able to accomplish much more in a day when I actually keep track of what I have to do.
3. Make your bed and keep your space organized. It’s amazing what a clean space can do for your mind. Spending a few minutes in the morning making my bed, putting my laundry away, and straightening up has worked wonders on my mood and productivity. It’s so much easier to get ready in the morning when I’m not surrounded by chaos. Plus, when you’re finished with work for the day, it’s much nicer to come home to a clean space, rather than try to straighten up when you’re already exhausted from a busy day.
4. Meditating for 15 minutes or listening to an inspiring podcast. I’m the kind of person who likes to always be doing something, but I’ve learned that once in a while you just need a few minutes to yourself. If you’re overworking or always on the go, chances are burnout is inevitable. Instead, take a small window of time, as little as 15 minutes, to be alone with your thoughts. Sometimes I sit in silence and other times I use a meditation app. I even find listening to an inspiring podcast to be therapeutic.
5. Eat breakfast. I’ll be honest, I almost always skipped breakfast throughout my life. I never understood the importance of it. I now make it a point to eat breakfast every single day, and I have so much more energy. I’m also not snacking as much throughout the day which is great too.
Implementing these five simple habits into my life has made each day more productive and positive. I find that my day runs so much smoother, and I’m able to accomplish more than I ever have in a day. Drinking Coffee-mate® Natural Bliss® Caramel Flavored Ice Coffee seriously makes my morning. It’s so easy to run to my fridge in the morning and have it sitting there ready to drink. My fiancé loves it too! It’s made with responsibly sourced coffee and ingredients I can feel good about. Coffee-mate® Natural Bliss® Caramel Flavored Ice Coffee is a West Coast exclusive, so be sure to check here to see if it is in a store near you. Let me know if you give it a try!
What does your morning routine look like?